Monday, June 21, 2010

The Week Past

Updating the blog has been difficult this past week because the new staff have arrived at camp. There has been an intensive period of training and a great deal of entertaining.

The students arrive at camp later today and I am currently in a bar using the internet. I am not sure when my next day off will be because the camp session lasts for 3 weeks, but I will try to update sometime soon.

Some of my highlights this week have been.
  • standing 30ft away from a baby brown bear (outside a pub)
  • going on a canoe trip accross the lake in darkenss (on the way back from the pub)
  • seeing a bald eagle up close (on my way to a pub)
  • going on a four hour canoe trip trhough the national forest (on the way to a pub)
There is other news to write about, and I have pictures to upload too, but all this will be documented and posted sometime next week because all these trips to the pub have been keeping me busy. 

bx

PS: Hi to Tyler, my new Italy based reader! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ben, I'm honored that you mentioned me in this post. Even before reading that final shout-out, however, I had decided to comment, because the post was so funny! Yes, all those trips to the pub really paid off, at least in jokes. But now that the children have arrived, you may have to come by your liquor "on the sly", as Sophie likes to say. Or maybe not! Maybe even the children are allowed to drink at Camp Getschow, though that would seem to be a rather dubious innocavation in camp management. Just make sure they don't drive back to their cabins afterwards. Safety first! Anyway, keep up the good work, Ben! You're a big hit in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Innocavation" is a rarely found variant spelling of "innovation", by the way. Perfectly legitimate according to the OED.

    P.S. Tell Sophie that right now Laura is having another huge screaming argument with Claudio upstairs. Oh my God she's counting! "Uno . . . due . . ." We'll see if Claudio comes to his senses. Sorry for all these comments gone wild, Ben!

    ReplyDelete